There are motorcyclists and there are bikers. What differentiates the two is the pride with which a biker selects his accessories . Here is a comprehensive list of must haves for a biker venturing out on his mean machine.
- Bike jacket and trouser/riding suit– All weather jacket costs about Rs 6000/- and trousers about Rs 5000/-. Plethora of brands are available. Indian brands include Rynox and Cramster.
- Good quality riding gloves– A good pair costs within Rs 1000/- . Popular brands available are Alpine star and Scoyo
- Helmet preferably full faced double visor-The helmet should be DOT certified. The approximate cost is Rs 5000/-.Brands available are THH, LS2 and Alpine star
- Sun glasses– Biker sunglasses available at Oakley, Harley Davidson and Royal Enfield cost around Rs 5000/-
- Tail bag-The tail bag should be of ideally of capacity enough to carry stuff for minimum 4 days. Many good brands are available in India at an approximate cost of Rs 3000/-
- Saddle or fork bag-This can be used for keeping documents. A thigh bag will also serve the purpose. Approximate cost would be about Rs. 3000/-.
- Tank bag – This can be used if you have more stuff and also to keep water bottles. A word of caution- this may put scratches on the fuel tank. Approximate cost Rs. 3000/-
- Good shoes – As per your comfort you can use riding boots or DMS but it is important that they should cover the ankle. Approximate cost Rs. 6000/-
- Puncture repair kit – Approximate cost Rs. 1000/-
- Fuel carrying Bags – You may need these when going on long rides in remote areas and fuel tank has less capacity approximate cost Rs. 4000/-
- Camera – Good camera for capturing those indelible moments is a must. Cost……… no limits
- Mobile Holder / Carrying case fitted on the bike – Approximate cost Rs. 1000/-
- Bluetooth headset for taking calls while on the move – Approximate cost around Rs. 10,000/- for the ones which fit on helmet .
- Mobile charger approximate cost Rs. 1000/-. Popular brand Bolt.
In addition to the above a bikers kit should also have a torch, knife (preferably Swiss knife),pepper spray for personal protection and a pen and diary.